Anti-Aging Treatment in Brentwood TN
Anti-aging treatments target signs of aging, such as wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin, and age spots. Anti-aging treatments and procedures can improve one’s overall appearance, raise self-esteem, improve skin health, and promote collagen synthesis, resulting in a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance. To get aesthetic anti-aging treatments, visit us at ALAN Wellness Center & Aesthetics. For more information, contact us or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 5111 Maryland Way Suite 210 Brentwood, TN 37027.
Table of Contents:
As we get older, so does our skin. This can be contributed to several different factors, some of which we are able to manage and control, and others are outside of our control. The sun, harsh weather, and our own bad habits can all negatively impact the appearance of our skin as we age. The speed at which our skin ages, and how it ages, can be influenced by factors such as genetics, diet, lifestyle, and other personal habits, such as smoking.
Smoking produces free radicals that can damage cells and lead to premature wrinkles, among other things. Spotted, wrinkled skin is to be expected as a normal part of aging, with exposure to pollution and the sun and loss of the fatty subcutaneous tissue that provides support between the skin and muscle also contributing. Additional factors that can impact how your skin ages include gravity, stress, normal facial movement, obesity, and how you sleep.
There are many anti-aging treatments available on the market today that can range in cost, effectiveness, risks, and benefits, invasiveness and longevity. Deciding which one to try can be overwhelming with so many to pick from. The good news is that there is an option for every person’s unique needs and a trained professional will be able to help you decide which one will be best for you based on the results you are looking for and what your concerns are. Many procedures are non-surgical with minimal downtime and recovery time that can be performed in a dermatologist’s office in under an hour.
The top five anti-aging treatments are:
– Laser resurfacing treatments that use light energy to repair and renew skin cells. It boosts collagen production which leads to younger-looking skin, is virtually pain-free, boosts your immune system, and increases blood circulation in the treatment area.
– Botox injections block the muscles from contracting which causes wrinkles and creases in the skin from repeated facial movement. By blocking the contraction, the muscles aren’t able to form creases and the skin will smooth out.
– Chemical peels are a skin resurfacing procedure that uses an acidic chemical solution on the skin. The chemical causes the superficial layer of skin to peel off, removing dead skin cells and improving the appearance of fine lines, skin discoloration, and other signs of aging.
– Dermabrasion or microdermabrasion uses a rotating instrument on the surface of the skin to remove the outer layers of skin to treat sunburns, fine lines, acne scars, and other skin imperfections.
– Derma fillers are injected into the skin to improve the shape, volume, and structure of sagging and wrinkled skin by plumping it up using naturally produced chemicals
Each procedure will be unique to the type of anti-aging treatment. Some involve needles inserted into the skin either to provide a filler to plump up the skin or to prevent the muscles that cause wrinkles from being able to contract. Others use chemicals, lights, or a rough substance on the surface of the skin to remove dead skin cells and promote the production of collagen to reveal fresh, youthful-looking skin.
If you are self-conscious about the appearance of your skin and want to know what your options are for freshening it up, contact a dermatologist to talk through your options and help you understand what treatment will be best for you. They will be able to walk you through the procedure, as well as risks and benefits and what kind of results you can expect.
Anti-aging treatments have come a long way in recent years, with new treatments being offered that are nonsurgical and have minimal recovery time. Most of the anti-aging treatments today can also be done in under an hour at a certified doctor’s office and have minimal side effects so people can go about their day after their treatment.
While most treatments aren’t permanent as there is no way to stop our skin from aging, they will offer results that can last for several months and additional treatments are just as easy to have done. The effects of the treatment can appear sometimes immediately following treatment or within a few days or weeks of the procedure.
If you are looking for anti-aging treatments, you have come to the right place: Alan Wellness Center & Aesthetics offers anti-aging treatments, so reach out to us today through our website to book an appointment. For more information, please contact us or book an appointment online. We serve patients from Brentwood TN, Nashville TN, Franklin TN, Nolensville TN, Oak Hill TN, Forest Hills TN, Belle Meade TN and surrounding areas.